Olive oil and rosemary for damaged hair combines a conditioning treatment with aromatherapy
Olive oil and rosemary home remedy for damaged hair
Olive and rosemary plants
- Warm ¼ cup olive oil in small pan. Do not let it bubble or burn or start to shimmer. You should be able to touch it without burning yourself.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Pour olive oil into a small bottle.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Massage into scalp and throughout your hair.
- Cover head with shower cap for 15-20 minutes.
- Shampoo to remove.
- Repeat weekly as desired.
- Store away from sunlight and it will keep for at least one month.
Why olive oil and rosemary are good for your hair
Rosemary has significant antioxidant properties to protect against cell damage and has been used for centuries to stimulate hair growth. Olive oil nourishes the hair shaft and protects it against the elements.
If any rash or skin irritation results, discontinue use immediately. For external use only. Do not ingest rosemary oil.