The tailbone is the lowest part of the spine and is known as coccyx. An injury to the tailbone is usually very painful and often lasts a lot longer than other injuries. Due to its location, muscle movement is impossible to avoid. This use of muscles often pushes off the healing of the tail bone injury.
If you think you bruised your tail bone immediately contact a doctor to make sure you didn't fracture it. Some of the common symptoms of a tail bone injury are: pain while sitting on or getting up from a chair, pain during a bowel movement, and sensitivity over a tail bone.
Here are some home remedies for a tail bone injury:
- *Take hot showers to reduce pain
- *Apply an ice pack for 10 minutes, three times a day.
- *This helps in decreasing swelling and pain
- *Take bed rest for the initial two to three days
- *Drink at least 2 liters of fluids everyday
- *Increase your intake of green vegetables, fruits, and cereals
- *Sit on an air cushion to reduce discomfort
- *Lean forward and move your weight away from the coccyx
- *Increase your intake of foods rich in calcium and Vitamin D